senior Core Software Engineer
We are looking for a Sr. Core Software Engineer to develop a new core framework for the Airbus Full Flight Simulator. The core framework facilitates the distributed real-time simulation of all models required for the simulation. It also provides a way for the user to interact with the simulation via the Instructor Operating System and it is responsible for generating the simulated graphics for the cockpit displays. It also consists of several GUIs which are used by developers and simulator maintenance personnel.
Nieuw-Vennep, The Netherlands
Design and develop key components of the core framework:
- Real-time scheduling
- Shared memory
- Multi-node synching
- Graphics Generator
Design and develop supporting tools for the core framework:
- Real-time monitoring
- Graphical User Interfaces
- Graphics Generator Editor
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of experience with software development in C++.
- Experience with software development for Windows and Linux Platforms.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English or Dutch.
- Ability to mentor colleagues and lead by example.
- Strong work ethic: comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to maximize productivity.
- Demonstrated experience with Real-time simulation, distributed computing and multi-threading.
- Deep understanding of data structures in memory and network protocols such as UDP and TCP.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and Design Patterns.
- Demonstrated experience with OpenGL.
- Experience with GUI development in Qt is considered a big plus.
- Familiarity with reverse engineering of code and troubleshooting.
- Experience with markup languages (HTML, XML, LaTeX) is a plus.
Hours per week:
When to start:
As soon as possible.
What we bring:
We offer you a challenging career. SII Netherlands offers you the chance to employ your know-how in varied and challenging projects. Our short decision paths and good organization mean that every enthusiastic employee can realize his or her ideas and exploit attractive promotion possibilities. A comprehensive Work-Life-Balance program rounds off what we have to offer very nicely.
Do you fit in the profile?
We are excited to receive your cv!!
First interviews will be held via Teams.
For further information please contact Anouk Potter, HR manager:
06 15441148 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- SII Netherlands is not recognized by the IND to hire higly skilled migrants.
- We are not interested in acquisition! CV's of third parties or recruitment agencies will be deleted.