As a Java developer you will join one of our multinational Scrum teams to create state-of-the-art software solutions. Teams are composed of five to ten developers, a Scrum Master and a Product Owner. We are committed to following a (scaled) Agile way of working, with sprints and demos every two weeks, aiming for frequent releases of working software. In all teams we cooperate with internal and external experts from different knowledge domains to discover and build the best solutions possible. We use tools like Continuous Integration with GIT, Jira and Bamboo. We move fast to help our customers reach their goals, and we strive to create reliable and well-tested software, because failures in our software stack can severely impact customers' operations.
As a Java developer you contribute to a multidisciplinary and self-organizing Agile/Scrum team. In addition to software product development, our teams are fully responsible for various aspects, such as requirements analysis, architecture, design, testing, validation and product demonstrations. The use of high-tech techniques and software development methods is important. The software of the interface products is mostly based on Java and is supported by a modern development environment.
- Designing and implementing software, working on the product backlog defined by the Product Owner.
- Ensuring the quality of personal deliverables by designing and implementing automated tests on unit and integration levels.
- Cooperating with other teams to ensure consistent implementation of the architecture and agreeing on interfaces and timing of cross-team deliveries.
- Troubleshooting, analysing, and solving integration issues both from internal alpha and beta tests as well as those reported by our customers.
- Writing or updating product documentation in accordance with company processes.
- Suggesting improvements to our technical solutions and way of working and implementing them in alignment with your team and their stakeholders.
You will work with the following tools and techniques:
- Agile/Scrum software development
- Java software development
- Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Jenkins, Nexus, Maven/Gradle, GIT, BitBucket
- Unit Testing, Test Automation, Cucumber
- Junit, Mockito, XML, SQL, JSON, Linux, Hibernate, Git, JIRA.
Skills & experience:
- Graduated at Bachelor or Master level in the area of software engineering, information/computer science or similar with a talent for Java;
- Minimum 3 years of experience with programming in Java / Java EE;
- Ability to lead;
Knowledge and experience with the following tools and techniques is important:
- Agile software development with Scrum;
- Java, Swing, Linux, IntelliJ, Oracle;
- Continuous Integration & Delivery;
- Unit Testing, Test Automation.
We offer you a challenging career. SII Netherlands offers you the chance to employ your know-how in varied and challenging projects. Our short decision paths and good organization mean that every enthusiastic employee can realize his or her ideas and exploit attractive promotion possibilities. A comprehensive Work-Life-Balance program rounds off what we have to offer very nicely.
- Nice colleagues;
- 30 Holiday days;
- and more...
Do you fit in the profile?
We are interested to receive your application.
First interviews can be held via Teams or at the office in Haarlem.
For further information please contact Francy Martinez Clavijo
email@example.com / 06 51966070
- An investigation and pre-employment-security screening will form part of the recruitment process.
- No Acquisition. CV's of third parties or recruitment agencies will not be considered.