The available position of software architect deals with the development of an integrated naval ship protection suite. The Above Water Warfare Fire Control System (AWW-FCS) protects ships and other units from above-water threats. These threats are becoming faster, smarter and more complex.
With the current threats it becomes increasingly difficult for human operators to take efficient and effective protection measures. The AWW-FCS provides the necessary information to make the right decision within seconds. The system combines the radar and the intelligent algorithm which is designed to assist a weapon system in targeting, tracking and hitting its target.
As a Software Architect you have both a creative and a technical leading role within our product development. On the one hand you are busy designing architectural solutions, together with the other architects within AWW-FCS, on the other hand you ensure that the technical principles are met during development. In this process you are a discussion partner of Product Owners and the development teams. It is your role to build and maintain an overview of the entire system within the scrum teams.
We highly value the high-tech techniques and methods. The software of the Fire Control System is based both on Java and C++ and is supported by a modern development environment.
You will work self-sufficient and with teams with the following:
- Agile/Scrum software development.
- Stack: OSGi, Java, C++, Linux, IntelliJ, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, GIT, Jira
- Unit Testing, Test Automation
- Continuous Integration & Delivery
Skills & experience:
Required qualifications & experiences.
- Dutch Nationality
- Graduated at Bachelor or Master level in the area of software engineering, information/computer science or similar.
- Preferably has experience as a software engineer.
- Has at least 3 years of software architecture experience.
- A talent in Software Architect enjoying designing and developing software solutions
- Is creative, driven, result-oriented and creative.
- Focusses on team-based results.
- Is passionate about technology.
- Is communicative and has experience working with Agile ways of working.
We offer you a challenging career. SII Netherlands offers you the chance to employ your know-how in varied and challenging projects. Our short decision paths and good organization mean that every enthusiastic employee can realize his or her ideas and exploit attractive promotion possibilities. A comprehensive Work-Life-Balance program rounds off what we have to offer very nicely.
- Marine related projects;
- Nice colleagues;
- 30 Holiday days;
- and more...
Do you fit in the profile?
We are interested to receive your application.
First interviews can be held via Teams or at the office in Haarlem.
For further information please contact Anouk Potter, HR manager:
06 15441148 / email@example.com
- Only candidates with Dutch nationality will be considered as viable candidates.
- An investigation and pre-employment-security screening will form part of the recruitment process.
- No Acquisition. CV's of third parties or recruitment agencies will not be considered.