Senior Requirements Engineer
As (Senior) Requirements Engineer you will identify and document the wishes of the customer with regards to a naval shipbuilding project (Engineering-to-Order). You will capture the customer’s wishes and requirements within the Requirements Management tool and support further grouping and decomposition of these requirements to support establishment of clear and functional specifications for processes and products to be developed that can be used by our engineering teams and/or used to specify subcontracted work packages to suppliers of Engineering hardware and/or software. As (Senior) Requirements Engineer you functionally and hierarchically report to the Manager Systems Engineering and operationally report to the Project Manager Engineering/ Team Leader Engineering on the assigned project.
- Capturing customer requirements in the requirements management tool (DOORS).
- Safeguarding establishment of requirements baselines and traceable changes thereto.
- Analysing and further grouping and decomposition of requirements for use by the respective engineering teams, supporting the establishment of clear functional and non-functional specifications.
- Participate in making the formulated requirements smart, consistent and identification of any conflicting requirements that need to be resolved.
- Structuring the functional and non-functional requirements for specific work packages to be performed, either internally or by means of outsourcing/subcontracting.
- Actively keeping an eye on the follow up of the development process in the role of Requirement Engineer, by ensuring traceability in the compliance lists with regards to the (proposed) Means of Compliance and the Verification Cross Reference Matrix (VCRM) is duly captured.
- Create and distribute reports (dashboards) on the status of requirements to internal stakeholders throughout the design and development process for the naval vessel, being an integrated system of systems.
- Ensuring all HSEQ and IMED policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and duly followed.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor or master’s degree preferably in Systems Engineering, Marine Engineering or an equivalent relevant technical field.
- Knowledge and experience with Systems Engineering principles, especially for the Requirements Management process (capture, analysis, validation, specification and verification) and supervision of the Validation & Verification, Acceptance process as it is executed.
- Affinity with Model Based System Engineering (deriving requirements based on analysis of operational deployment/ usage scenarios and what that means for system behaviour to identify derived and or decomposed requirements).
- Experience with working on an international oriented development projects in a matrix organization structure.
- Being able to work on a project basis, taking ownership and responsibility for the work and the collective objectives, by proactively seeking contact and work effectively together, both internally and externally with suppliers.
- Coordination and managing the technical / requirement engineering activities and reporting clearly in terms of planning, progress and (potential) issues.
- Excellent command of the English and good command of the German language (written and verbal) is essential and mastery of Dutch language is a plus, but not essential.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
We offer you a challenging career. SII Netherlands offers you the chance to employ your know-how in varied and challenging projects. Our short decision paths and good organization mean that every enthusiastic employee can realize his or her ideas and exploit attractive promotion possibilities. A comprehensive Work-Life-Balance program rounds off what we have to offer very nicely.
- Marine related projects;
- Nice colleagues;
- 30 Holiday days;
- and more...
Do you fit in the profile?
We are interested to receive your application.
First interviews can be held via Teams or at the office in Haarlem.
For further information please contact Anouk Potter, HR manager:
06 15441148 / email@example.com
- Only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
- An investigation and pre-employment-security screening will form part of the recruitment process.
- No Acquisition. CV's of third parties or recruitment agencies will not be considered.