As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be working on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Electrical Engineering and will be involved from the very first (proposal) phase in the project to perform design proposals and calculations. During the execution of the project, you will work in a team of several engineers in order to deliver the requested engineering deliverables. You will implement deep technical and practical knowledge into solid and innovative designs. As Senior Electrical Engineer you will also contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test and validation plans.
About the department
The Electrical & Automation department is part of the multidisciplinary Engineering department and responsible for the design, specification, selection, and integration of all electrical and automation systems on board of our vessels. These systems are very extensive and include electrical power distribution, lighting, platform automation, navigation, communication, networking, and IT systems and much more.
- Perform the required technical calculations to prove the design.
- Participate in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality.
- Compose technical/functional specification documents.
- Verify technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Perform cost analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer.
- Offer support for producing and submitting proposals to our customers.
- Offer technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract.
- Manage vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Contribute to the further development of the E&A Engineering department.
- Develop and describe standards and working methods.
Skills & experience
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level in Electrical Engineering or another relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of three years experience in the design and installation of complex electrical systems. Experience and broad knowledge of electrical installations, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Experience with the design of (high voltage) Power Distribution systems.
- Knowledge about EMC regulations and compliancy precautions.
- Used to work on Class-regulated products and with Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experienced to work in complex project environments with and managing third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Excellent command of English language (written and verbal) is essential and German language skills are preferred.
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable.
We offer you a challenging career. SII Netherlands offers you the chance to employ your know-how in varied and challenging projects. Our short decision paths and good organization mean that every enthusiastic employee can realize his or her ideas and exploit attractive promotion possibilities. A comprehensive Work-Life-Balance program rounds off what we have to offer very nicely.
- Marine related projects;
- Nice colleagues;
- 30 Holiday days;
- and more...
Do you fit in the profile?
We are interested to receive your application.
First interviews can be held via Teams or at the office in Haarlem.
For further information please contact Anouk Potter, HR manager:
06 15441148 / email@example.com
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate
- An investigation and pre-employment-security screening will form part of the recruitment process.
- No Acquisition. CV's of third parties or recruitment agencies will not be considered.