As a Senior Engineer Automation, you will be working on a broad variety of tasks in the field Automation Engineering and will be involved from the very first (proposal) phase in the project to perform design proposals and calculations. During the execution of the project, you will work in a team of several engineers to deliver the requested engineering deliverables. As Senior Engineer Automation you will implement deep technical and practical knowledge into solid and innovative designs.
About the department
The Electrical & Automation department is part of the multidisciplinary Engineering department of Damen Naval and responsible for the design, specification, selection, and integration of all electrical and automation systems on board of our vessels. These systems are very extensive and include electrical power distribution, lighting, platform automation, navigation, communication, networking, and IT systems and much more. All systems are based upon client requirements and applicable rules & regulations, while they are engineered in close cooperation with suppliers, co-makers and other departments. The main activities of this department are:
- Requirements Engineering and development of conceptual system designs.
- Development of technical specifications for (subcontracted) systems.
- Technical review of offers from suppliers and co-makers, together with the procurement department.
- Development of functional system descriptions and diagrams.
- Integration of electrical parts and systems in close cooperation with the main co-makers. Management of all electrical/data interfaces between (subcontracted) systems. Development and review of test protocols.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests for main subcontracted systems.
- Support the building yard during production and commissioning till delivery of the vessel. Contribute to design studies and proposals for new projects.
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test/validation plans. Perform the required technical calculations/analysis to prove the design.
- Participate in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality. Compose technical/functional specification documents and verify technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Perform cost analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department. Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer.
- Offer support for producing and submitting proposals to customers and technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract.
- Manage vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project. Contribute to the further development of the E&A Engineering department.
- Develop and describe standards and working methods.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Engineering, Technical Automation, Electrical Engineering or another relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of three years experience in the design and installation of complex Automation systems.
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of automation and instrumentation systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Experience in the functional development of Control & Monitoring systems and used to work on Class-regulated products.
- Experienced in Good Engineering Practices work in complex project environments and with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors.
- Good command of English language (written & verbal) and mastery of German language is a plus, but not essential.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
We offer you a challenging career. SII Netherlands offers you the chance to employ your know-how in varied and challenging projects. Our short decision paths and good organization mean that every enthusiastic employee can realize his or her ideas and exploit attractive promotion possibilities. A comprehensive Work-Life-Balance program rounds off what we have to offer very nicely.
- Marine related projects;
- Nice colleagues;
- 30 Holiday days;
- and more...
Do you fit in the profile?
We are interested to receive your application.
First interviews can be held via Teams or at the office in Haarlem.
For further information please contact Anouk Potter, HR manager:
06 15441148 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate
- An investigation and pre-employment-security screening will form part of the recruitment process.
- No Acquisition. CV's of third parties or recruitment agencies will not be considered.