Engineer Combat Systems
As Engineer Combat Systems you will support technical activities related to Combat Systems for Naval vessels, in the areas of definition and technical specification of these systems, procurement support and engineering integration. These activities will include validation and verification support of developed and delivered combat systems against their requirements and specification, be it through engineering data and documents or installation and integration tests. Projects can be either new build ship design and development or updates and refits for existing vessels. As Engineer Combat Systems you will get involved in above water and underwater sensor systems, weapon, command, and control systems.
As Engineer Combat Systems you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the combat system engineering group on sustained performance by delivering quality engineering products within budget and on a timely basis on allocated projects.
- Supporting the subcontractors & suppliers’ contribution to the project(s) during preparation and execution.
- Participating in project reviews and takes ownership of the assigned projects activities to drive targeted results for schedule & quality.
- Ensuring full compliance with all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by the company and customer.
- Understanding the execution and synchronisation of project activities related to all deliverables and obligations of the subcontractor(s)
- Participating during contractual milestones, tests, and trials, such as FAT, HAT and SAT, supporting the Technical Subcontract Manager as accepting party.
- Assisting the warranty authority on all warranty issues that have been identified.
- Supporting the proposal department in creating proposals for new projects and systems and in proposal evaluation(s) of subcontractor technical proposals.
- Assisting the technical subcontract manager(s) in defining, establishing, and testing functional and physical interfaces.
Skills and experience:
- Secondary vocational (MBO-4) or higher professional education (HBO) degree in an engineering related discipline.
- Hands-on experience in engineering and subcontract management support of complex systems gained in the shipbuilding or a related industry.
- Experience in working with engineering tooling & software such as CAD software and PLM systems.
- Experience in hands-on interaction and activities with engineers, suppliers, subcontractors’ staff and project managers in shipbuilding or a related industry with multi-disciplinary teamwork.
- Basic understanding in a variety of engineering concepts and practices which include engineering experience.
- Experience with working in complex project environments.
- Excellent command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the project).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
We offer you a challenging career. SII Netherlands offers you the chance to employ your know-how in varied and challenging projects. Our short decision paths and good organization mean that every enthusiastic employee can realize his or her ideas and exploit attractive promotion possibilities. A comprehensive Work-Life-Balance program rounds off what we have to offer very nicely.
- Marine related projects;
- Nice collegeagues;
- 30 Holiday days;
- and more...
Do you fit in the profile?
We are interested to receive your application.
First interviews can be held via Teams or at the office in Haarlem.
For further information please contact Anouk Potter, HR manager:
06 15441148 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
- An investigation and pre-employment-security screening will form part of the recruitment process.
- No Acquisition. CV's of third parties or recruitment agencies will not be considered.