Configuration Management is the management process to establish and maintain consistency of performance, functional and physical characteristics of a vessel with its requirements, design data and operational data throughout its entire life cycle.
As Configuration Manager Naval Vessels you are part of the Engineering department where the employees have been divided over projects, in which they contribute to both product definition and the engineering of production information within their field of expertise. As the expectations of the capabilities of naval vessels grow, so does the wish for optimal utilization. The quest for deeper knowledge regarding asset health, when it will need to be maintained, which parts and other resources are needed, is common among all asset owners.
As Configuration Manager Naval Vessels, you are the expert on designing and managing configuration management processes and working practices for (complex) ship building projects. You have broad experience with Systems Engineering and Configuration Management best practices and know how PLM tools work to support these processes. Within this department you will be part of the Configuration Management team and responsible for one or more projects. Next to that will you advise the management on (continuous) improvements that can be realized within your area of expertise. Further you have as Configuration Manager Naval Vessels the following responsibilities:
- Analyse functional requirements from the project regarding Configuration Management and the supporting tools.
- Design and implement Configuration Management processes across the life cycle, including the collaboration with partners, sub-contractors, customer, and other external stakeholders.
- Manage change management processes via the Change Management Board.
- Pro-actively analyse current processes and propose improvements for optimization.
Skills and experience:
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level in engineering or another relevant technical discipline.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Configuration Management and Systems Engineering principles, standards, methodologies, and best industry practices.
- Experience and affinity with high-end engineering processes in shipbuilding or in other relevant industry areas.
- Working knowledge of and experience with state-of-the-art PLM tools.
- Competences: service driven personality, creative within your field, accurate and efficient and capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good command of Dutch, German, and English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
We offer you a challenging career. SII Netherlands offers you the chance to employ your know-how in varied and challenging projects. Our short decision paths and good organization mean that every enthusiastic employee can realize his or her ideas and exploit attractive promotion possibilities. A comprehensive Work-Life-Balance program rounds off what we have to offer very nicely.
- Marine related projects;
- Nice collegeagues;
- 30 Holiday days;
- and more...
Do you fit in the profile?
We are interested to receive your application.
First interviews can be held via Teams or at the office in Haarlem.
For further information please contact Anouk Potter, HR manager:
06 15441148 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates.
- An investigation and pre-employment-security screening will form part of the recruitment process.
- No Acquisition. CV's of third parties or recruitment agencies will not be considered.