Lead Engineer Cabin Design
We are looking for an aerospace lead engineer specialized in cabin interiors! We are a growing company, we contract engineers to customers, but also work on inhouse workpackages. For several upcoming projects experienced aerospace engineers are needed.
At the moment we are specifically looking for Aerospace Lead Engineers with vast experience in aircraft cabin interiors and SolidWorks or CATIA skills.
Required Design responsibilities primarily involve the design and development of new and/or modifications of interior furnishings and monuments. Examples of experiences should include, but are not limited to:
- Cabinetry / Monuments (galleys, lavatories, stowages and partitions).
- Interior lining (cabin liners, window panels, passenger service units (PSUs) and DADO panels).
- Miscellaneous (water/waste systems, oxygen systems, seats).
In this role, you will:
- Defining, driving, planning, monitoring, and controlling the design engineering team output to ensure achievement of the defined schedule and specification.
- Lead and support direct reports with the design and development of the aircraft interiors, including the checking of designs (including clash detection) and drawings (including tolerance stack assessment), drawing sign off, ensuring accurate BOM output.
- Provide status reports to management on project status
- Preparing for, managing, and presenting internal and external engineering reviews on behalf of the team and leading problem-solving activities
- Perform design activities of structural components, including metal, plastics and composite using Catia V5.
- Undertake design studies and progress your own work through to production and perform fundamental engineering hand calculations (including stress and stiffness) to substantiate the design of the product
- Liaise with the Stress team to analyse and resolve structural performance concerns
- To liaise with the customer and airframe manufacturer to ensure all design requirements are understood and agreed. To ensure an agreed technical direction can be manufactured
- To liaise and develop relationships with key suppliers to successfully deliver technical solutions that adhere to our requirements, ensuring effective Design for Manufacture
- To liaise with Production to ensure effective Design for Assembly
- You can work well on a project basis and monitor the overview.
- You ring the bell in time if your assignment needs more time than the hours budgeted in advance. If this is the case, then you can also properly explain why more time is needed and you can explain this to both your supervisor and the customer.
- You take initiative by nature and like to take a step extra to get the best result.
- You see opportunities and bring projects to a success in a result-oriented way.
In addition, you have:
- An HBO education in the direction of Aerospace Engineering;
- Experience with 3D surface modeling in SolidWorks or CATIA V5;
- Communication skills in both Dutch and English language;
- A reliable, organized and efficient personality;
Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines.
What we have to offer:
- Interesting assignments;
- Knowlegde on stress, design and certification;
- Aerospace related projects;
- Fruit at the office;
- Nice collegeagues;
- Competitive Salary;
- 30 Holiday days;
- and more...
For further information please contact Anouk Potter, HR manager
Tel: +31 (0)23 5307314 / email@example.com
- We are not recognized by the IND to hire highly skilled migrants.
- We are not interested in acquisition, CV's of third parties or recruitment agencies will be deleted.