Electrical Power Systems Engineer
You will be working in the field of Electrical Power Systems (EPS) Engineering and will be involved from the very first (proposal) phase in the project to perform design proposals and calculations related to the Electrical Propulsion systems. During the execution of the project, you will work in a team of several engineers in order to deliver the requested engineering deliverables.
You will work closely with the engineers for delivering a completely integrated Propulsion system. You will implement deep technical and practical knowledge into solid and innovative designs. Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, drawings and test/validation plans.
As an EPS Engineer you will:
- Perform the required technical calculations to prove the design.
- Participate in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality.
- Align internally with other engineering disciplines about solutions and specifications.
- Compose technical/functional specification documents, particularly Propulsion Control and Power Management system specifications.
- Verify technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Perform electrical and automation interfacing of the several propulsion components with the Propulsion Control System and Power Management System.
- Perform cost analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer.
- Offer support for producing and submitting proposals to our customers.
- Offer technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract.
- Manage vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Contribute to the further development of the E&A Engineering department.
- Develop and describe standards and working methods.
As Electrical Power Systems Engineer, you need to have:
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level in Electrical Engineering. Marine Engineering or another relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of three years experience in the design and installation of complex Electrical Power systems and preferably related to Electrical Propulsion.
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of electrical installations and drive systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Experienced in the design of Propulsion Control and Power Management systems.
- Knowledge about EMC regulations and compliance precautions.
- Experienced to work on Class-regulated products and in Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experienced to work with and manage third-party vendors and subcontractors and to work in complex project environments.
- Good command of English language, preferably also German (written & verbal).
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered.
What we bring:
We offer you a challenging career. SII Netherlands offers you the chance to employ your know-how in varied and challenging projects. Our short decision paths and good organization mean that every enthusiastic employee can realize his or her ideas and exploit attractive promotion possibilities. A comprehensive Work-Life-Balance program rounds off what we have to offer very nicely.
- Nice colleagues;
- Competitive Salary;
- 30 Holiday days;
- and more...
Do you fit in the profile?
We would like to receive your cv!!
First interviews will be held via Teams or in the office in Haarlem.
For further information please contact Anouk Potter, HR manager:
06 15441148 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are not recognized by the IND to hire higly skilled migrants.
- We are not interested in acquisition, CV's of third parties or recruitment agencies will be deleted.