Cyber Security Engineer
As Cyber Security Engineer, you will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Networking and IT systems. You can be involved from the first (proposal) phase in the project to performing design proposals. During the execution of the project, you will work in a team of several engineers in order to ensure solid and secure Networking and IT Systems. As Cyber Security Engineer you have deep knowledge on cyber security in order to advice internal and external stakeholders on this topic.
You will be responsible for:
• Contributing to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test/validation plans.
• Participating in discussions of experts in IT security and radiation technology.
• Supervising changes in IT security regulations and, if necessary, advise involved internal/external stakeholders.
• Contributing to the analysis and verification plans for IT security measures.
• Participating in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required Cybersecurity standards.
• Verifying technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
• Performing technical analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
• Ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer.
• Technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract.
• Working with vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
• Contributing to the further development of the E&A Engineering department.
You need to have:
• Professional education on Bachelor or Master level in Industrial Automation, IT Systems, Information Security Management or another relevant discipline.
• Minimum of five (5) year experience in the design or maintenance of complex networking systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
• Vast experience and broad knowledge of modern networking and IT systems, including related hardware infrastructure and software (LAN, WLAN, VLAN, VPN etc).
• Vast experience and broad knowledge about the different networking architectures, layers and protocols (TCP/IP, STP, ARP, FTP, UDP etc).
• Vast experience and broad knowledge of Cybersecurity concepts, data encryption and radiation safety.
• Knowledge about modern networking applications and services (DHCP/DNS).
• Knowledge about the relevant standards and regulations related to Cybersecurity, preferable ISO 27001.
• Experienced to work with third-party vendors and subcontractors.
• Good command of the English language and the German language or willing to learn (written & verbal).
• Ability to travel long distances and work abroad when needed.
We offer you a challenging career. SII Netherlands offers you the chance to employ your know-how in varied and challenging projects. Our short decision paths and good organization mean that every enthusiastic employee can realize his or her ideas and exploit attractive promotion possibilities. A comprehensive Work-Life-Balance program rounds off what we have to offer very nicely.
- Marine related projects;
- Nice colleagues;
- 30 Holiday days;
- and more...
Do you fit in the profile?
We are interested to receive your application.
First interviews can be held via Teams or at the office in Haarlem.
For further information please contact Anouk Potter, HR manager:
06 15441148 / email@example.com
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate
- An investigation and pre-employment-security screening will form part of the recruitment process.
- No Acquisition. CV's of third parties or recruitment agencies will not be considered.