Aircraft Galley Modifications
Struggling with the fleetwide interchangeability of galley standard unit containers, Sii Netherlands could have
For one of our customers Sii Netherlands has developed a retro-fit solution for the interchangeability of multiple models of standard unit containers (STD-Units) within a fleet of aircraft.
Three additional STD-Units containers were qualified for use in the aircraft type and the galley was modified to fulfill all relevant certification compliances. The developed retro-fit solution can be applied to multiple types of galleys with minor modifications and is EASA approved (minor change).
The project can be roughly divided in four phases which are described here.
- Use of multiple STD-Unit in their fleet of aircraft;
- The STD-Units used by the operator did not properly fit in the galley.
Project Evaluation Phase:
- STD-Unit sizes, lock-positions and qualification (form, fit and function);
- Pre-modification inspection;
- Dimensional data of the galley.
Design Solution and Certification:
- Development of a retainer retro-fit solution;
- Qualification of STD-Units for relevant aircraft;
- Engineering Order / Service Bulletin.
Implementation and delivery of:
- Modification Kits;
- Engineering Order / Service Bulletin;
- Approval for Minor Change;
- Modification Support. With the implemented modification the airline is able to use different STD-Unit containers across their fleet of aircraft which simplifies operations.
With the implemented modification the airline is able to use different STD-Unit containers across their fleet of aircraft which simplifies operations.
Also looking for this type of solution? Contact us to see how we can assist you.
SII Netherlands is an approved EASA Design Organisation EASA.21J.296 through SII Deutschland. Please contact us to see how we can support your aircraft modification projects: email@example.com