The Citrix Administrator role is a technical one providing second level of support for the Virtual and Remote systems globally. An opportunity to be part of a very experienced team and to work in a global workspace with various experienced IT teams on a day-to-day basis to keep production environment stable and ensure operational readiness for newly migrated applications.
- The successful candidate will diagnose and resolve real-time incidents including performance issues of the XenApp published applications being migrated to the new generation platform. They will also execute planned support activities and maintenance including application/infrastructure changes. The candidate will be also collaborating with resources in other regions, collectively providing transparent day to day production support for the virtual desktop estate located all world.
- The main objectives of the role are to provide fast and efficient resolution for alerted events/errors and timely execution of user requested changes/requests during the application migration process.
- The administrator will be encouraged to provide first class “value add” services including execution of project work, deep dive investigations and consultancy to a diverse client base incorporating Front and Back office business units.
Overview of the department / team (team size, backgrounds, personalities …):
Central Service Delivery team is the 3rd level (escalations) Team providing daily support of the Virtual and Remote systems and maintaining the backend infrastructure on a global basis.
Support area, Citrix components:
- Citrix Broker
- Citrix StoreFront
- XenApp 6.0 / 6.5
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Attention to detail and proactive management
- Excellent knowledge and minimum 3 years of experience with Citrix Virtual Apps (formerly XenApp), Virtual Desktop (XenDesktop) knowledge preferred. Understanding of network topologies, TCP/IP and general networking
- Team player with good communication skills and experience dealing with end users in a support and migration context
- Excellent knowledge of the following Microsoft products: Powershell, MS Windows 10, MS Office , MS Windows Server 2012/2016
- Fluent written / spoken English
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of IT Service Management processes and IT Good Practice (e.g. ITIL). Certification would be an advantage
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn new products
- Experience in the following products is a bonus but not required: Blade Logic, ServiceNow, SharePoint, AppSense management
- Experience with Netscaler, VMWare ESX
- Fluent written / spoken English is a must. German is a bonus