Big Data Developer
At SII India IT & Engineering Services Pvt. Ltd., we are looking for Big Data developers responsible for developing, maintaining, evaluating, and testing big data solutions by providing first class service to one of our European clients. A great opportunity to be part of a very experienced international team and work in a global environment with various IT experts on a day-to-day basis and ensure operational readiness for newly developed solutions.
Job title: Big Data Developer
Reporting to: Project Manager
Experience: 4 to 8 years
Contract type / Working time: Permanent / Full-time
Starting date: ASAP
Location: Leela Landmark #07, 1st Cross, 3rd Main Road, Ashwini Layout, Ejipura (Behind Marks & Spencer)
Bengaluru 560 047 - INDIA
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : +91 (080) 676 51 111
Role & Responsibility
The primary role of the Big Data Developer are:
- Collecting, storing, processing, and analysing of huge sets of data in a real-time.
- Responsible for Hadoop development and deliver various Big Data solutions.
- Identify the exact storage needs and design data warehousing system that meets the specific business needs.
- Outline the ETL process, setting the borders of data processing.
- Ability to design solutions individually based on high-level architecture.
- Maintain the client production systems (ex: Kafka, Hadoop, Cassandra) smoothly and fix any problems that may arise.
- Collaborate with other experts, development teams at various locations.
- Build a cloud-based platform that allows easy development of new applications.
- Select and integrate Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested solutions.
- Monitor performance and advise infrastructure changes if required.
- Define data retention policies if any.
- Testing of the tools and data’s.
- Develop and maintain data modelling best practices and guidelines.
- Manage exploratory data analysis to support database and dashboard development required for users.
- 4-8 years of experience as a Big Data Engineer/Developer.
- Possess a degree in Computer Science and/or have minimum 4-8 years of relevant experience in programming and/or architecting a back end language (Java, J2EE, Core).
- Experience with Java oriented technologies (Spring, MVC, Hibernate, REST/SOAP).
- Proficiency with Spark, or the Hadoop ecosystem and similar frameworks.
- Good knowledge of Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala.
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources.
- Solid experience with NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume.
- Experience with messaging systems, such as Kafka or RabbitMQ is an advantage.
- Experience with Cloudera/MapR/Hortonworks is a plus.
- Experience in Agile methodology and direct customer interaction.
- Team player with good communication skills and experience dealing with end users in a support and migration context.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask and deliver quality work on time with demonstrable team spirit in an agile environment.
- Fluent in English language (read, write, speak).
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive thinking, and willingness to learn and expand existing knowledge.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, innovative, and multi-cultural international team / business environment.
To apply for these positions please send your resume by dated via e-mail to: email@example.com