Junior DevOps Engineer
Junior DevOps Engineer - AWS Cloud and Virtualisation Solutions
SII UK has been selected as a partner to support in the ramp up and development of the UK division of a global leader providing technology information systems, products and services within the fields of Science, exploration & innovation. SII will be acting as an extension of capabilities onboarding and integrating a full-range of Engineer/ Data Scientist from, graduate/ junior & mid to senior level into a small team of technical and subject matter experts to support day to day operations in multiple business segments.
The DevOps Engineer will support the UK activities in three areas:
- Development of Web interfaces
- Deployment and maintenance of servers/dockers/VM in a cloud environment
- Support on local IT infrastructure
Core Activities Include:
- Analyse and understand technical requirements in order to implement the Web interface in compliance with these requirements
- Understand and convey complex technical information in simple terms in a User Interface
- Develop Web interfaces in coordination with the technical manager
- Coordinate with the international IT team in Spain to fix day to day IT issues
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to internal employees – troubleshooting IT issues from in-house and third-party software to hardware such as PCs, Laptops etc.
- Install and configure servers and virtual cloud environments
- Develop a strategy to optimise the use of Amazon Web Services or other Cloud providers from a cost and data access perspective
- Maintain the existing IT infrastructure with a focus on data security and resilience
- Take ownership of technical issues, follow up and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Coordinate with the PDGS team to provide support for the developers as well as technical experts and project managers.
- Producing documentation (stocktake, process…) of our IT infrastructure (local and cloud) software subscription and renewal in coordination with international IT team
- Define, apply recommendations and strategy for local/cloud security, data protection and resilience, in conformity with Corporate Management Systems ISO9001 etc.
- Up to 3 years in an IT intensive industry, preferably Aerospace, Internet, Telecoms, Gaming or Banking
- A university degree in a technical subject, e.g. Computer Engineering, Data Science, Electronic Engineering