Equipment Support Engineer
The SII UK team dive deeper into the sonar and command & control space supporting UK/Worldwide defence. As a result of this we are looking to on-board an addition Engineer into a challenging but exciting role within the organisation to initially focus on this area.
Through smart inventory management solutions, the team monitors expendable items within product and system inventories, planning and conducting equipment re-lifeing activities, extending product life, redefining new equipment procurement requirements and facilitating iterative obsolescence management.
You will be embedded within a large multiskilled team, supporting in-service equipment & addressing equipment obsolescence issues as an integral part of the process.
Day to day activities will immerse you into underwater warfare and maritime domains.
Provide a service, covering the provision of labour to fulfil the following activities:
- Monitor and support in-service equipment spares
- Working with designers or manufacturers to find solutions to faults (technical queries)
- Work through manuals (circuit diagrams) to assist the field service team.
- Review stock holding and determine critical holdings of low stock
- Setup repairs following process via
- Liaise with internal staff and sub-contractors to track repairs
- Investigation of faults and fault finding using technical information and the reference system
- Management of reference systems and associated equipment
- Support equipment audits for reporting purposes
- Generate reports
Your added value:
- Be passionate
- Be creative
- Forward thinking approach
- Be ambitious
- Experience in either installing, maintaining or repairing complex systems
- An expectation to be flexible and proactive within your team
- able to multi-task using own initiative to make timely and effective decisions without supervision
- A good attention to detail with a methodical approach to problems
- Ability to keep precise and accurate reports
- Experience in the operation or development of naval sonars is desirable.
- Appreciation of software, electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Able to travel to UK and worldwide destinations when required.
* If you're applying for a role requiring security clearance, please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar, however certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.
For more information on joining the SII Team, please contact Sam Newman - Talent Acquisition Manager.