Technical Operations Manager
As we continue to grow, SII UK are recruiting for our first Operations Manager who will have the ability and passion to operate across multiple technology and business domains.
You should thrive on variety and enjoy leading the operations department driving technical strategy across a complex landscape, as well as working closely with key senior stakeholders both from an SII and a Client perspective.
You will be instrumental in building and maintaining close and trusted relationships whilst influencing the direction of travel in favour of SII and the solutions we’re proud to offer.
You will also be expected to shape new work, lead the technical development of commercial proposals and oversee the technical strategy and design elements.
This is a full time role based from our London office with home working opportunities. There will be essential travel to client sites across the UK.
Reporting to the Managing Director of SII UK, you should have experience across a wide range of technologies preferably within an Aerospace and/or Defence environment.
In your first months at SII you’ll be committed to developing an expert knowledge of our offering by working closely with SME’s and furthering relationships whilst working collaboratively and encouraging ideas and solutions that benefit all. Once this knowledge has been adopted it will be instrumental in influencing and advising on the most appropriate solution & options to both our clients and senior internal stakeholders.
Strategic Roadmap Development
- Lead the development of forward views of technology and technology implementation
- Produce plans for future acquisition of technology solutions to meet business drivers
- Take ownership of SII's technology delivery model
- In partnership with the Group Head of Operations and the Managing Director of SII UK, define an effective technology governance process that ensures the quality of services
- Implement appropriate architecture frameworks
- Build and maintain “trusted partner” relationships with empowered client stakeholders
- Establish regular business-led conversations to build a future plan with SII UK capabilities at the core
- Lead the introduction of innovation within the remit of our client relationships from RE: both a technical and a delivery perspective
- Provide leadership to the SII technical community
- Set the direction, offer guidance and establish free-flowing internal exchange of ideas between multi-disciplinary teams
- Contribute to bids and new client acquisition through being a Subject Matter Expert & providing bid response material
- Present at externally facing events to cement SII’s reputation and establish productive vendor relationships
- We would expect applicants to be able to demonstrate their experience across the following:
- Senior client stakeholder relationship building
- Ability of driving direction, technical scope and building / leading teams of technical individuals
- Governing technical deliverables
- Excellent communication, influencing and facilitating skills, in particular for technical problem solving/troubleshooting
- Collaboratively dealing with people at all levels inside and outside of the delivery organisation, including partner and client organisations, to ensure outcomes are achieved
- Subject Matter Expertise applying it effectively across the board
- Knowledgeable in integrating 3rd party products into complex IT estates, managing interdependencies between products and leading end to end delivery in potential multi-supplier engagements
- Issue management, prioritisation and ability to provide pragmatic direction which is consistent with clients’ longer-term strategy
- Working closely with ring-fenced projects and deliverables
- Demonstrate resilience, flexibility and adapt to changing schedules and priorities
- Self-motivated and determined to succeed
- A drive to deliver results
- Clear thinking and creative thinking in designs
Competitive Basic Salary
6% Employers Contribution + 6% as a salary sacrifice
Private Medical Insurance, Life Cover, Critical Illness Cover & Income Protection –
25 days holiday
5 days full sick pay per year
Continuous professional development – We’re all a work in progress
▪ Corporate access to the Udemy platform
* If you're applying for a role requiring security clearance, please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar, however certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.