System Software Test Engineer
- Work with the software team to understand the scheduling of software development tasks and prepare for deliverables into the Software Test team, bridging the gap between integration tests and system testing
- Work with other system test engineers to build upon existing automated software test systems and develop innovative ideas for improving test coverage.
- Manually execute tests required to confirm overall compatibility of the software implementation with the rest of the equipment in cases where automation is not possible, or where automated tests have not yet been written.
- Produce test reports and maintain test coverage metrics demonstrating traceability to product and feature requirements.
- Develop efficient and accurate software test components utilizing best practises, to high levels of quality, reproducibility and maintainability in accordance with department methodology and processes.
- Raise defect issues in the issue tracking tool, assist in the investigation of software defects to determine root cause(s) of defect, and participate and contribute when required to defect tracking and prioritisation discussions (Change Control Boards).
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of departmental processes and procedures.
- Good knowledge of Python programming language for test execution, checking results and handling failure conditions.
- Interfacing with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and using WPF objects.
- Experience of using TestComplete, Selenium or other Test Automation and/or other IDE tools.
- Generation of test reports from QAComplete or other test and QA management tools.
- Experience of working within an Agile environment, ideally using Atlassian tools.
- Experience of building test system for both long and short term project executions.
- Strong experience of using Microsoft Office suite of tools
Apply for this role
Strong work ethics
Written communication skills
Private Medical Insurance & Critical Illness Cover