Our client is seeking to bring onboard an Application Developer to support its centre of Excellence for the development of down-hole wireless communications systems, creating innovative and ground-breaking products and solutions. It undertakes a variety of R&D activities, including New Product Design and Development, to enhance the company’s overall product range.
• Work in a safe, responsible, and cost-effective manner, in full compliance with the company’s safety manuals, Quality Assurance System and code of conduct.
• Design, develop and implement application software components used in the range of products using the full SDLC.
• Produce accurate and effective design documentation to support the implementation and test of system components.
• Ensure the development of efficient and accurate software components utilizing coding standards and best practises, to high levels of quality and maintainability in accordance with the development management and release processes.
• Attend meetings relating to aspects of the business which require engineering contribution.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Strong knowledge of developing C# and .Net in Microsoft Windows based application systems
• Experience of dotNet Core, EntityFramework, SQL Server
• An understanding of COM and/or CAN.
• Appreciation of object oriented software design.
• Demonstrable experience of developing software within defined processes to meet quality goals
• Good written and verbal communication skills, ideally including experience of working within a team with close links to embedded software/firmware engineers