Ada Software Engineer
SII UK has recently been awarded a statement of work attached to the development of an electronic warfare mission system which is capable of threat detection, combat/crisis management & unit monitoring. The appointed Engineers will utilise their knowledge and experience within software to develop a new radar product for our customer working within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Perform Software Engineering activities such as:
- Recoding legacy software to Ada95
- Modularising the code
- Adding new features
- Working closely with the Systems Engineering and Architecture Teams to support the development and functionality of the product, overall systems architecture and interface capabilities
- To attend periodic project reviews and SCRUM meetings to ensure fluidity of the development, also focusing on methodologies and quality being adhere to
- To be a passionate problem solver meeting challenges head on
- To be a proficient object-oriented programmer with languages such as:
- C++/Ada/MATLAB/Python etc.
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Able to write in a technical/detailed context is essential
- Able to demonstrate tenacity across a project
- Previous experience or knowledge of JIRA is beneficial
- Previous experience or knowledge of IBM DOORS is beneficial
- Competitive Basic Salary – No one wants to work for free!
- 6% Employers Contribution + 6% as a salary sacrifice
- Private Medical Insurance, Life Cover, Critical Illness Cover & Income Protection – We’ve got you covered
- 25 days holiday – We all need some “me time”
- Continuous professional development – We’re all a work in progress
* If you're applying for a role requiring security clearance, please be aware that foreign or dual nationality is not an automatic bar, however certain posts may have restrictions which could affect those who do not have sole British nationality or who have personal connections with certain countries outside the UK.