Project Engineer - Finance Support
SII Services are looking to recruit and mobilise a team of 1 Project Engineer to focus on the financial segment on a telecommunications work package designed to supply superfast internet to selected locations across Scotland. This will be done by effectively supporting the work of the Contract Management Director.
The deployment manager - Finance will work across the programme where needed, working in a structured and organised manner, co-ordinating and monitoring the output of varied organisations that will deliver broadband infrastructure – either via one of the main contracts or through any necessary build initiated by aligned schemes and vouchers.
Across these objectives will be the overarching requirement for clear communication and reporting progress, issues and especially financial problem solving and resolution of issues whilst working as a team to develop and manage processes which will optimise delivery.
- Practical analysis or reports from Operators
- Financial quality assurance
- Review and analyse payments/ claims
- Summarise and report all aspects to Contract Director
- Communicate with key Stakeholders
- Risk, issues, actions, decisions
- Represent the Scottish Government when making decisions that will effect the programme
- Look to optimise where possible the voucher scheme
Essential skills required:
- Worked on telecoms projects
- Experience of the full range or programme/project disciplines
- Accounting of financial analyst - Minimum AAT or similar
- ACCA qualification or comparable Accountancy qualification
- Excellent programme management track record preferably in an infrastructure / IT projects
- Budget planning and forecasting
- Knowledge of local governance
If you're interested and would like to speak in more detail hit apply and a member of the Talent Acquisition Team will be in contact with you soon.